Thursday, October 19, 2006

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

One of the great things about blogging is that you can be a frivolous typer. Stream of consciousness with some wit and pictures tossed in gets an A+ in my book. No one's going to bust your chops about proper writing style. That's in direct contrast to my job, where hours can be spent scanning a brief for errant commas. Or periods that are inside a paren when they should be outside. My job rocks.

I do, however, give credit to this year for teaching me proper punctuation. The downside is that now when I'm looking through my blog, I check it for punctuation mistakes and other typos. I figure it's pointless to correct them, so I try to resist going back and making changes. But the consequence of resisting ex-post correction is that I find myself editing while I type. I'm now 90% sure that the comma usage in this entry is correct. An unverified website told me so. Commas, I've learned, are not to be trifled with. Strict rules, people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Malek said...

Amen, sister. :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home